Thursday, May 2, 2013

What I've been up to

So back in the day...prePaige, I loved to run. I think I still do.

Right after I had my 6 week postpartum, Daniel and I went out for a run. I ran up until my 20th week while I was pregnant, and I really regret not keeping with it longer. My hope and plan for the next pregnancy is to run as long as I can.

Anyways....my first run back was HARD! Much harder than I thought it would be. I'm not sure how much of it was because I hadn't been exercising as much or because my incision from the surgery was still sore. But it was hard. We only ran 1 mile. 1 mile was my goal, I knew I wouldn't be able to pick up where I left off. It was a very slow mile, but a mile nonetheless.

Because of life just being busy, I haven't run since then, almost 4 weeks! I don't like to run here unless it's early in the morning. After about 8 am the roads are too crowded for my comfort. But with nursing, I can't get up first thing in the morning and run, not until I either pump or feed Paige. But Paige doesn't get up till about 7, so by the time I finish feeding her, it's almost too late.

Yesterday morning she woke up at 6:45 so I fed her and went out for a run. It was also a huge holiday here and most of the people weren't out and about. I ran 1.7 miles. Again, slowly, but it felt SO good. And yes i am sore today. Lamers. But I'm proud that i'm running again. I hope to be able to run twice a week. I've also been doing the Shred and some postpartum work out videos at home. 

Also, I saw on twitter lots of people talking about Call the Midwife. I got a lot of Itunes gift cards for Christmas, so I bought season 1 to give it a try. I really like it! After the first episode, I cried like a baby and wanted to hold Paige tight and never let her go. It is hard for me to watch. Maybe because I just had Paige, and it's about babies, but I'm so emotional when I watch. Not bad emotional, just extra sensitive. I cried at the birthing videos in our childbirth classes. Something about seeing a mom get handed her baby for the first time-GAH! it just gets to me!

I'm also starting back to language class next week. I'm going to be slowly easing myself into it. I'm pretty excited though...i've really missed studying and being able to communicate here. I'm going to be able to have my same teacher I've had before, and she's so great.

That's what I've been up to! what about you???

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment