Thursday, November 6, 2014

Change is a knockin'

We've been here in East Asia for over a month. We've been in our apartment a few weeks and it's mostly set up. We are using the nursery as storage right now for anything we just haven't found a place for yet. I also haven't hung anything on the walls yet....but it feels like home and we like it!

Paige has adjusted very well! She LOVES all the local food and I've been going through stain remover for all the oil on her clothes like crazy!


And she loves noodles! There have been a few times that she out-eats me! 


Paige is doing great at learning her manners at home too.


One of the adjustments here is learning a new schedule. Most mornings after breakfast, Paige does blanket time for 20-30 minutes while I check email and do some computer work. She does really well at blanket time! We've also started room time, which is not going as well. She doesn't really like it, but I'm determined to make it work! 


Paige has started 'helping' me in the kitchen too. We made poppy seed bread last week and granola bars today. I love this face!


This week was also a big transition for Paige and us! We took the side off of her crib and she's in a real toddler bed right now! We want to give her plenty of time to get used to the toddler bed before going to her new big girl bed (which will be a daybed) before the baby comes. She has done 3 naps and 2 nights in her bed already and did great!


So far she lays down and goes right to sleep! She did fall out of bed once (I actually watched it on the monitor), but I have my body pillow on the floor, so she just rolled off and got right back in bed. The absolute CUTEST thing is that when she gets up from her nap or in the morning, she goes to her bedroom door (which is closed and she can't yet open) and knocks. She just knocks and waits for us to come get her. I don't know why she knocks instead of just calling out for us, but it's so dang cute! 

I was so worried that Paige would get out of bed and not go to sleep that it never occurred to me that she might start getting out of bed early! She's been sleeping till about 7:30-7:40, and the last couple of mornings she was up at 7:15, so not too bad. 

Last weekend we went to a fall festival that some other foreign friends hosted. I LOVE Halloween! and I'm competitive...and I might have taken it a little too far with some of the candy games. Oh well, at least Paige looked so adorable in her Packer cheerleading outfit!!! 


We tried to make it a family theme!


We had a picnic lunch....


and a parade!


That is some of our life here in Asia....stay tuned for pregnancy update week 23!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment