Monday, February 16, 2015

36-38 Week Recap

This time next week I will be checked into the hospital and getting ready for my c-section. I check in the day before at 4pm, then I should have little Joshua about 9am next Tuesday! How crazy is that?!!? Daniel keeps saying how this is the last week of our lives that we will only have one child. It sounds so strange saying that and I can't believe how quickly our lives are going to be changing.

37 Weeks


38 Weeks


I went to the doctor today. It was weird knowing that this was my last appointment and ultrasound before meeting our new little baby. Everything looks good and not shockingly, it doesn't look like I would go into labor anytime soon on my own. Since Paige was 2 weeks overdue, I'm assuming Joshua would be the same if we weren't doing the c-section.

My doctor did give me some antibiotics today. I've had a bad cough for over a month that will not go away. I feel fine and went to the doctor 2 weeks ago, and they said there isn't any infection and gave me cough medicine. But the medicine didn't really help and my cough is still here. My ribs are hurting from coughing so much and I know after the c-section coughing is pretty brutal. So I'm really hoping this cough will finally go away before next week.


Here are the stats:

How Far Along: 38 weeks on Wednesday

Size of Baby: Winter Melon- about 7 lbs and 20 inches long

Weight Gain: 30-31 lbs

Gender: Boy, Joshua O'Dell

Movement: He seems to be slowing down a bit. I don't feel him all day long anymore, so I think he's sleeping and getting into more of a routine. 

Sleep: Pretty good! With Paige I slept really bad and was always having pains, but other than the mid-night potty breaks, I'm sleeping really well. I've only had a couple of leg cramps with this pregnancy, and I'm so thankful!

Maternity Clothes: Of course! Still wear my old t shirts around the house, but no matter what I wear now, hardly anything covers up this big belly!

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton-Hicks and feeling pretty worn out and always thirsty!

Aversions: Not much of anything

Cravings: Not much, I think my appetite has slowed down a little. 

What I miss: Sleeping on my back and stomach

What I'm Looking Forward to: Paige's birthday is thursday and my dad flies in that day too!

Best Moment this Week: My mom came in last week and has been so helpful! We have gotten so much stuff done around the house, and it's been great to have an extra set of hands to help with Paige. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment