Saturday, February 21, 2015

Look out world-she's 2!

Our little Paigers turned 2 this past Thursday. My mom has been in town almost two weeks helping me get ready for Baby Joshua, and my dad flew in on Thursday night. It was so special to have my parents here!


We had her party on Friday, so Thursday we mostly celebrated at home. We started with Mickey Mouse m&m pancakes on her new Mickey plate. I'm not really into character themes, but Paige loves Mickey Mouse, and I was able to buy all the supplies here in our city, so I figured why not.


Paige got to blow out candles several times-I believe in celebrating your birthday as much as possible, which includes blowing out candles for all your meals and dessert! 


Since we had her party the next day, we didn't have any cake for her to have on her actual birthday. But I refuse to not let her have some type of dessert to eat on her actual birthday with a candle-so we grabbed a piece of peanut butter fudge (my mom made and brought us a few pounds of it!!) and went with it. We accidentally put one candle on her peanut butter fudge and realized it halfway through singing, so we had to stop and start over!

Paige was pretty excited!!

Paige got a lot of presents this year from friends and family, so we tried to spread them out over Thursday and Friday. She loved everything!!!


We've been baking lots of cookies the past few days!


Friday we kept the celebration going with cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We played with lots of toys and got ready for our Mickey Mouse party that afternoon. My mom has almost every cake pan imaginable and is gifted at decorating cakes. So I was pretty excited she was here to make Paige's birthday cake!


We were in the States last year and had a big party, so this year we had a really simple party-just a few friends. But we had a lot of fun and Paige had a blast!


Paige wasn't too much into the cake, she was just all about the icing! 


After the party we went to KFC for dinner. It's a big holiday week here, so almost everything is closed-except KFC that is.


I almost can't believe I have a 2 year old. When she turned 1 last year I just couldn't believe it. That first year went SO fast. But this last year, so much has happened so even though I can't believe she's 2, this year didn't seem to pass nearly as fast as her first year did. 


If you stalk my blog, you might realize Paige is wearing almost the exact same outfit as her birthday last year. I love a good cupcake outfit, so when I found the same outfit in 2T last year, I couldn't resist.

Here she is last year!


And now!


Can I just say it is almost impossible to get a good picture of this girl. She is constantly moving!

I'll do a separate post to recap her stats and everything our little 2 year old has been getting into lately!

Happy Birthday Paige!!!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment