Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Long Time No See

This title is perfect since I haven't updated the blog in a while and it's exactly how I felt about our home until yesterday.

Since getting back from the states a few weeks ago, Daniel and I have traveled to 2 different cities, each a few hours away, for almost a week each.

Just a few days after arriving back to EA, we flew for a week for a language training that was being offered. Since language learning takes up a majority of our time, we were pretty eager to attend this training. We learned so much about how to improve our language learning and were both so encouraged about how to better go about it. We wish we had learned most of this a year ago, but better late than never!

While we were travelling, some friends took us to a fancy restaurant. Probably the fanciest I have ever been to in EA. I wish I had pics of the food, but I was way too busy eating!


We flew back home on the 13th and have literally had something every single morning or night until we left again on the 19th. All good things, but it still kept us pretty busy.

We had a baby shower at our house for a friend of mine. Shockingly, this was the very first baby shower I have EVER hosted....how is that possible, I'm 30 for crying out loud. I'm not really sure how I've never hosted one before.

Anyways.....I knew I wanted to make a cookie cake, my friend's fave, and try my hand at monogramming it. 


We also had an iced coffee bar...yum!


We had mint brownies, fruit, cookie cake, and a veggie tray. I picked up the cute napkins and plates while I was in the States.


I'll do another post for our travels last week...but get excited because it includes a local zoo and buying honey on the side of the road.

Also, in wonderful news, preggo Sarah is having a girl!!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment