Sunday, April 21, 2013

Paige is Two Months

Paige turned two months on Thursday! We are able to do her check ups and get her vaccines here in town. She got all of her shots and did amazing! She cried for like 2 seconds-we were so proud!


Two Month Stats:

Weight: 5 kg/11 lbs  75%
Length: 59 cm/23 inches 85%
Size Diaper: 1's. I'm pretty impressed actually with the diapers here. I'm able to buy Pampers. But I'm planning on going to cloth diapers hopefully in the week!
Size Clothes: 0-3 Months. Because our child is insanely long (ha! we have no idea where she gets it!) she is getting a little too long for some of her 3 month clothes.


We have been doing Babywise from the beginning, and I'm a believer! I don't think you have to use it like the Bible, but it is an amazing guide and has been so helpful to us. Paige is now sleeping about 7 hours a night. Hallelujah!!



Last week Paige had a HUGE growth spurt! She was eating all the time, fussy, and taking 45 minute naps. It about did me in. BUT, she is doing much better and the last 2 days I had to wake her up from 2+ hour long naps. The last 3 days, we've been implementing the morning wake time. Even if Paige wakes up at 5:30 and feeds, I wake her up at 7:30 to start the day. It's been SO nice to have a consistent wake time and she's been eating and napping on a more consistent schedule.


I need to do a nursery update. We bought her changing table (which is really some shelves from ikea) and did a few more things. I love how it looks!!


This month Paige took her first taxi ride-just call me the human carseat :) We don't have carseats here so we just hold her when we are in cars. I know....that would never pass in America!


After Paige's 2 month check up, we walked a few blocks to a home furnishing store. Our city is undergoing major construction everywhere....so this is what it looks like for us to travel. We are actually standing in a major intersection here.


Here are some fun pictures I took this week. This is my new fave!




She is so adorable, I can't stand it!!


We bought this activity mat and she LOVES it! She is so happy whenever we lay her on it.


So no matter how much pink or polka dots she has on, people always say she's a little boy. I quickly correct them, ha!

Also....in big news....we had an earthquake here yesterday. We are pretty close to the epicenter. Daniel and I both experienced a catastrophic earthquake here in 2008. The one in 2008 was extremely terrifying and I'm pretty sure I had post traumatic stress for a long time. Anyways...it was 8 am yesterday and I had just finished feeding Paige and we felt the building shake. We are on the 14th floor, so we really felt it!!! We grabbed our 'go bag' (because after what we've been thru, we are always prepared!) and ran down 14 flights of stairs. We stayed outside for about 2 hours then decided it was safe to go back in. Paige slept thru most of it.


We've been having some aftershocks, which makes it hard to really relax. You're always waiting for the next one, and not knowing if you should run from the building or not. We are so thankful that we are okay. There are a hundred thousand without homes and several thousands injured. Please continue to remember all of these families...especially the displaced children.

I don't want to leave this post on a sad note......so in random good news....we just got our baby monitor and LOVE it!!! We got the Motorola MBP36. It zooms, scans, has color video, and i love the volume feature! I'm so glad we got it-our floors here creak really loud, so now we can check up on her without having to tiptoe to her room.

That's Paige at 2 months!

love

laura

3 comments:

  1. So glad y'all are OK!!!!

    I SOOO wish we could drive with babies like that here. It'll save you (and her!) many tears from hearing her cry in the carseat and knowing there's nothing you can do!

    I have a cloth diaper post coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that growth spurt! It almost convinced me to quit nursing. I thought I wasn't doing something right or I wasn't making enough because she was so hungry and fussy! But we survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest little face I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete