Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Rewind

I guess you could say we had a slow weekend around here.

Friday I made pizza.




When we make pizza it doesn't bother me to make our own dough, but I hate chopping up all the veggies. But I channeled my inner Martha Stewart and was able to pull it all together. And yes, there are only black olives on half because Daniel is weird and has yet to discover how amazing they are. After dinner, Daniel took off for english corner and Paige and I hung out. 

So, I'm realizing that having a baby means that my weekdays and weekends pretty much look the same. The last few friday nights i've joked that i want to sleep in on Saturday morning. Technically, this past Saturday I kind of did. Paige was up for an hour in the middle of the night....she keeps coming out of her swaddle! After an hour and trying everything, i fed her. I really didn't want to feed her just so she would go back to sleep, but it was the only thing that worked. She ate for a few minutes and it was enough to put her right to sleep.

So because I'm getting annoyed with waking up at 3, 5, and then 6 am to reswaddle Paige (okay I wake up and nudge Daniel-then he reswaddles her. but i still wake up...so there's that) we decided to try to break her of the swaddle. The past 3 naps we've put her down with her arms out. She hasn't napped yet today. I want to persevere and make it thru so we can be done with the swaddle and not have to worry about it. But oh my for the love I just want her to sleep! i'm hoping i can stick with it.

So I usually wake her up at 7:30-ha, who am I kidding, she's always up before I have to wake her! But she gets up by 7:30 every morning. But Saturday I rolled over and it was 8:15 and I was still sleeping. Everything in me wanted to just roll over and keep sleeping...but I'm a Babywise mom so I went and got her up. 

We skyped with family in the morning and just hung around the house most of the day-except when Daniel went to play ultimate frisbee. Saturday night we walked to our fave local restaurant that we lovingly have nicknamed "the cat restaurant." When my mom came to visit last year we took her to it, and the owners cat was all over the place inside. My mom kept calling it the cat restaurant whenever she talked about it, and the name stuck. We haven't actually seen the cat since. But we don't mind the cats too much because it means there probably isn't any mice. You pick your battles.

Sunday it rained. Riveting right??

I bought Paige some Babylegs legwarmers and she wore them on Sunday but i forgot to take a picture. Next time.

We all took naps and spent the day mostly resting. A friend lent us a copy of The Next Food Network Star, so we finished that up last night. Watching recorded seasons from the Food Network is one of our guilty pleasures. Since we don't have tv here, it's extra special to watch "real" tv every once in a while. I can't wait for season 3 of Duck Dynasty to come out on disc! 


I just finished making 5 loaves of french bread. And I'm about to go make crescent rolls so i can make this for dinner. I haven't made it in forever and i'm excited!

That was our weekend!! Can you believe it's almost May?!?!!?!?

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment