Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Birthday

I celebrated my 32nd birthday last Sunday, the 5th. It was a really low key day, which was perfect!


My birthday was on Sunday, but Daniel took me out Saturday night-Sarah watched the little one. We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, then saw the second Hunger Games, then went back to CF for dessert. We had such a great time! With a baby, it makes going out on a date a bit hard, so we were so appreciative to Sarah for watching her for us. A while back I told my sister all I wanted to do for my birthday was to go out to dinner and a movie. I LOVE going to the movies. But again, with a baby and living overseas, it's rare. I've already seen 2 movies here in the States in the past several weeks and I get giddy every time we go. Love. It.


We were still at my sisters house in Houston, her husband was traveling for work, and my mom took my nephews for a few days. So it was just me, Daniel, Sarah, and the 2 little girls. We were in our pj's most of the day. Which was just lovely.


The girls were still getting over their ear infections, and Adelyn still wasn't feeling too great, so we missed church and went to IHOP. I love IHOP. When I was pregnant I went almost every week we were in the States.The Cinnastax pancakes-you'll thank me.


Sarah made my favorite White Almond Wedding Cake. It's so yummy and moist! Daniel picked up these cupcake plates. I love anything cupcake. And sidenote, the wooden tray in the pic-I just bought that at World Market. It was something I just couldn't say no to. And it matches my dishes perfectly!


After cake we had presents. The girls really wanted to help.


My favorite part about my birthday, was watching the Green Bay Packers, live, in america, on tv. It was truly magical. We all put on her shirts to support the Pack.


Sadly, they didn't win. But it was a really good game! We ordered Papa John's and ate more cake. It really doesn't get much better than that. 


Sarah's birthday is only 2 days after mine. We haven't been together on our birthday's in probably 8-10 years. We soaked it up and had the best time. For Sarah's birthday the guys watched the girls, and we went to Starbucks and read. Well, the plan was to read, but we mostly just ended up talking.


And speaking of birthday's, the blog turned 4 on January 8th. So happy birthday to me and the blog!

p.s. we're back in Oklahoma now :)

love

laura


No comments:

Post a Comment