Friday, May 9, 2014

Big Girl Paige

As long as the weather is nice, we go outside to play at least once a day. Paige LOVES being outside.


My parents are doing some work in their yard which involves a lot of dirt. And a lot of dirt makes Paige happy! My mom got her a little shovel set and wheelbarrow and we put her to work :)


I've been working with Paige on Blanket Time. I first read about it in the Duggar book and then again in Babywise. It's basically training her to stay and play on a blanket and learn boundaries. It's been harder than I thought it would be, but I hope the benefits will be worth it. 


I wasn't very consistent in the beginning, which looking back, I would say is KEY. Now, Mon-Fri at 8:15 in the morning, we do blanket time. We've used different blankets and been in different places. I put her on the blanket and tell her to stay and play. I switch out a couple of toys every few days. Every time she gets off, I put her back on (I stay in the room). We are now up to 8 minutes, and she does SO well! I still have to remind her to stay on the blanket and put her back on a few times, but she's improved so much.

Paige has been quite the "helper" around the house. She's great at vacuuming and emptying the dishwasher. 


What would I do without my big girl helping me?


Such a cutie!


And speaking of "helping," Daniel and I both have heard noises coming from Paige's room recently but couldn't figure out what it was. The other day I checked on her video monitor and realized what it was.


She's been opening and closing her PJ drawer, and finally found a way to get her jammies out.


I keep wondering what she was going to do with all of her pj's once she got them in her crib, ha!

Unrelated, Daniel and I need to travel to South Carolina for meetings, so we are leaving tomorrow and come back next Thursday. My parents are keeping Paige, and I'm super sad I won't be with her for Mother's Day :(  It will be the longest time we've been apart. (separate weaning post coming soon). I know she will be fine, as long as Papa is around.


Paige LOVES my dad! She stands at the bedroom door and bathroom door, just waiting for him. It doesn't matter if I'm in the room, she wants Papa to hold her. Every morning after my dad leaves for work, Paige smells like his cologne. I can always tell when she's been with my dad, ha!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!!! 

love

laura


No comments:

Post a Comment