But it still hurts not being where we have been led to go.
I enjoyed Sundays. We had our morning time together, then TRULY rested. there's so much pressure here to be involved in your church on Sundays and Wednesday's, and maybe i just need to get over that. but I loved resting on Sundays in Asia. it was the first time i recognized what the Sabbath could be.
I know that not everyone is supposed to be in Asia, or even overseas. but that's one thing that led Daniel and i together. we have a calling to the same place and people. we feel at home in a country that isn't ours, with people that don't look like us, and love food that some people might gag over.
I could write forever about what and who i miss, but here's the short of it:
- sharing Truth with someone who has never heard of Him before and has no idea who/what you're talking about
- looking at your surroundings and feeling at home
- forming friendships with others like you and finding out what transparency really looks like
- buying lunch for less than a dollar :)
- being amazed daily at a different culture and loving them for it
-doing things with locals that they think are 'normal'
- hearing 'you're beautiful, i love you!' yelled at you daily by strangers, but wishing they could have a mirror to see they are truly the beautiful ones
-not sleeping well for months and letting it bring you to your knees for more of Him
-catching mice in a friends kitchen because they keep her up at night