Thursday, April 21, 2011

Long Weekend Rewind Part 2

Let's backtrack a bit shall we?


Thursday, the 14th was my last day at work. I came home to a homecooked steak dinner, with pasta and asparagus (remember, its the vegetable of love :). Then Daniel treated me to chai and cupcakes.

Sorry i can't get this pic to turn!

Friday, after the long run we headed to Dallas. We spent the night with my parents, grilled out, and played cards. I haven't played Spades or Hearts in so long! Sadly, neither had my spade partner (mom) and it showed, ha!

Saturday morning we went to IHOP (i LOVE me some cinna stix pancakes, this is why i run!). Then Saturday afternoon we headed to my friend, Julie's house. Julie and Natalie wanted Daniel and I to share a bit more about our future. It was also a great way to see friends and catch up. We were pretty excited and looking forward to this afternoon!

These girls know me well, because they had chicken salad sandwiches...which is my fave!


Daniel was pretty excited too!


We had the BEST time hanging out with dear friends, catching up on each other's lives, and sharing about our future a bit. I hadn't seen some of the girls in over 3 years, so it was about time! I used to work with all these girls.


Jules, Nat, me, TPG, and Laurie.

The girls were so sweet to pray for us during this time too. We had such a good time chatting it up, that it made it hard to leave.  We had to drive back to Oklahoma that night, so we had to get on the road. The whole afternoon was just a blessing to us both. It was fun for everyone to get to know Daniel too (other than thru the blog.)

On the way back, we had to stop at REI. I'm in the market for some sunglasses. I don't have any right now, and i know running in the summer is harder when you're squinting half the time.

The poor older man who was in charge of sunglasses that day! He had to keep unlocking where the sunglasses were so i could go back and forth trying them on. He even let us take pics, because i do not trust the regular mirrors.

I'm realzing that if i want good sunglasses, i'll prob have to sacrifice style. Esp if i want them to stay on while running.


Bless Daniel for being patient with me.


We took about 20 pics or so. And i ended up walking away empty handed. I just couldn't commit.

That was our busy fun weekend in a nutshell!

love

laura

2 comments:

  1. It was SO good to see you!!!
    I got my running sunglasses at my fave, Target! They are the Ironman brand & I paid about $15. I LOVE THEM! So lightweight, comfy & they don't slip even when I'm sweaty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing blog catch up - YAY! It was so great to see y'all! The Daniel self portrait cracks me up, he is as wonderful in person as you make him sound on the blog! Loved getting to talk to y'all and can't wait to 'go with you' overseas! :)

    ReplyDelete