Monday, April 25, 2011

Runnin' Around

This week has been pretty busy. Now that i'm officially not working, i'm trying to get things done to prepare for our move. Craigslist is my new best friend. Seriously, i had some doubts, but it has been wonderful! I post something and just sit and watch my laptop for emails of people who are interested. It's kind of sad, but exciting at the same time, ha! We've been able to sell some stuff and make a few extra dollars along the way.

Yesterday was the last long run before the half next week. I did 10 and felt wonderful! I love finishing a long run knowing i could go further if i needed to. It was a little drizzly, but i was thankful that it wasn't hot out. Sadly, Daniel had to stop after 4. His achilles has been hurting pretty bad. He iced it last night and been stretching, but it's still pretty painful today. We're REALLLY hoping that after some rest this week he'll be okay to run the half on Sunday.

After our run we ate our weight in chick fil a, then ran some errands. We paid off Daniel's car yesterday!!! It feels SOOOOOO good to know that we are car payment free and SO close to being completely debt free. woo hoo!

We went to a new running store, and actually had a gait analysis done on us both. We found out that I have a very neutral stride, so i don't need anything too flashy or anything. Daniel runs insanely weird and crosses his legs over each other, pretty much scraping his own ankles.

After a few test runs at the store, i walked away with these purty things!


They are Nike Zoom Vomero 6's.  I was pretty surprised that i bought Nike's actually. I love their running gear, but my friends that run always recommend Saucony or Mizuno's. But apparently those are too narrow for my foot, so i went with what felt the best! And now i'm obsessed and feel the need to buy a new purple shirt or shorts to complete my new look, ha! we'll see......

Daniel has had his eye on these.....

These are the Merrell Trail Gloves. They're designed for more of a barefoot approach to running. And they look pretty sweet in person too. We're just sad we can't break them in yet, we'll have to wait till after the half. I can't wait! I've been wanting new running shoes for about forever.

Last night we hung out with the fam, eating and playing games. We only survived one round of Uno before quickly switching to Catchphrase, my fave!!

This morning was church! It's practically flooding here, so getting from our front door to the front door of the church without getting soaked was interesting. Let's just say Daniel wasn't successful.

I've got TPW's drip beef in the crockpot, and i'm about to celebrate the end of Lent! I gave up sodas, and am SO ready for a Sonic Coke!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and a great weekend!

love

laura



No comments:

Post a Comment