Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Like I said

As mentioned previously, we were in the car for 8 hours.

We were also surrounded by beautiful mountains....so what was I to do other than take pictures?

This is a glacier!



Pretty!


me


We got to the town around just before dinner. I wasn't feeling oh so great due to the altitude and constant moving for the past 8 hours. Daniel and I walked around and found some yummy food. I ordered lemon water and Daniel ordered masala tea. But this is what we got. Mine tasted like hot lemonade and was surprisingly delish. Daniel's was a little weird. It's a little strange to drink hot liquids from a glass with a straw.


After dinner I went and got my hair washed. The girl used about 10 pumps of shampoo and washed my hair twice. I definitely felt clean when I left.

Once we settled in for the night in our twin beds my headache went away and I felt a lot better. The next day we did a little sightseeing in town and visited a carpet shop. It was pretty amazing to see how fast these women worked! And if I ever hit the lottery, I know where I'm buying my next rug!


Then we got back on the road, and took the "short" way home. It only took us 6 hours on the way back.

While we were driving, and by 'we' I mean the driver who actually has a valid drivers license, Daniel spotted some local farmers and decided to stop to talk to them. Here they are with their yak:


Look at the shadow on the mountains!!! isn't it great?


do you have a favorite mountain??

Sorry I know this post is random, but my brain is a little fried right now from class today. But in other news, I did run yesterday and plan to run tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain. My run on Monday felt great so I think I'm ready to add a little distance.

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment