Saturday, May 5, 2012

And away we go

Last Friday, Daniel and I headed up to the mountains for about a week. We didn't take my computer so i didn't even try to blog (obviously.)

But we got back this afternoon and the 3rd load of laundry is in with another soon on it's way.

I want to be that annoying girl that posts every single picture I took of the exact same thing, just because it's so pretty, but I'll hold myself back. But for the record, I have a lot of amazing pictures from this past week!

Here we are on the plane....the flight is only about 2 hours, which is really nice!


I've actually lived and visited high altitude without any problems before. They say that it doesn't matter who you are, you just never know how the altitude will affect you. And this time was the worst transition I ever had! The first few days I had bad headaches, bad dreams, and just didn't feel great. It didn't help that we travelled to over 15,000 feet within 2 days of arriving.

Here is the view from our plane!


Isn't that amazing?!

Our first night we weren't too hungry (mostly because we killed some fried rice and noodles as soon as we got in). So we decided to just eat street food. You just pick out what you want and they fry it for you. Yum!


I had broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, lettuce, and lamb. Oh the lamb!!! Seriously I have got to start eating red meat more often!

Saturday we hung out with new and old friends, and I drank my weight in tea. Oh my goodness, it was quite literally the best tea I have EVER had in my life. Oh the goodness!!

Sunday we left for a 2 day trip to a nearby city. The first day we drove 220 miles in 8 hours.

Yeah, I'll let you do the math on that one. This might have been part of the problem:


What is so fun, is that I had been on this exact same road 4 years ago, so I have a lot of pictures from then and now, and it's really fun to compare!


I could totally wake up to this every morning!


We stopped for lunch and got the "buffet."


I won't do a day by day post, mainly because I really only took pictures the first few days. But stay tuned for some more wildlife and mountains!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment