Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Two Weeks-Paige & Postpartum

Paige had her two week check up today! She weighed 8 pounds when she was born and today she weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces!! I was so proud of her!! I felt like she was a really good eater, but it always helps to have the proof and someone else tell you. Paige is a really good nurser. If she's not hungry, she doesn't nurse, so that really helps us from running into her snacking in between feedings. She is also very efficient, she can feed in usually 20 minutes or less.

We are dong a follow up ultrasound on her kidneys on Friday. I'm hoping they let me go in with her, because I'm very interested to see how they do ultrasounds on someone who is so little.


Paige has had a big week!

My grandpa drove up from Arkansas last Wednesday to see Paige.


She also had her first real bath!


My other set of grandparents are in town for the week. Here are all 4 generations helping with bathtime.


She's so cute!!


Auntie Sarah and cousin Adelyn are flying up tomorrow! I can't wait to show my sister her niece!!

We also took Paige on her first outing yesterday. Daniel and I went to Babies R Us and then rode thru Chick fil a and ate in the car because we were trying to get her to fall asleep. Paige did so great! The whole time we were shopping she just kept looking around with the most confused look on her face.


It's funny how much has changed since having a baby. Today on the way home from the dr's we drove around an extra 5 minutes so she would fall asleep. I'm going to miss the car-seat and driving when we go back East Asia.

She also had her first blow out diaper....luckily when Daniel was changing her :)

Overall, she's doing really good. She doesn't always want to go to sleep when it's time, so we're trying to figure that out. I'm sure this isn't shocking to anyone, but we're exhausted! Last night I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep and napped about an hour this afternoon. I know that she will eventually start sleeping better and longer, and I am definitely looking forward to that!

I also had my 2 week postpartum appointment today. I thought I'd do a belly shot to record the difference.


What's hilarious, is this is me exactly 2 weeks ago in the same outfit!


To date, I've lost 23 pounds! I am shocked at how fast it has come off, because I certainly haven't been trying. I think a huge thing is nursing, but also being so busy (with nursing and taking care of Paige in general) and sleep deprived. Some days I don't eat breakfast until 10:30 or later and sometimes dinner happens at 9 at night. I do snack at nighttime when I'm feeding. I usually eat a granola bar or some crackers. 

I definitely still have a ways to go. Even though a good chunk of the weight is gone, I think it will still be a while before I fit into my old clothes. I know that things will never go back to exactly how they were, but I'm looking forward to working out once I get cleared to do so. 

Happy Tuesday! 

love

laura

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your sweet Paige!

    That was an eventful delivery story, but atleast it all worked out with a healthy baby and mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete