Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A little slice of life

Sunday night we went out for dinner to a Western restaurant that a friend had given us a giftcard to. We've been to the restaurant many times, it's one of our faves! We put little Paigers in the Ergo carrier and off we went.
When it came time to eat, Daniel put Paige down in the chair next to him. I have never seen anything so adorable. Ever. I mean, how cute is little mini me sitting up in the big chair all cutesy????


I know, she looks thrilled right?!

In other news, last Friday morning Daniel went in to get Paige up and yelled for me to come really quick. I thought something was wrong. But for the first time ever while living in our city, the sky was clear enough to see this.


Those are mountains!!!! We have lived in this city off an on since 2008, and this is the first time we have ever seen them! I know the sky doesn't look that clear, but it is. We have friends who have lived here for close to 10 years and have never seen them. Snow capped mountains!!!! crazy.

We've been having amazing weather here. Usually our city is nothing but smog and gray skies for days on end. But this year we've had several sunny days and it's been wonderful. This is the view from our living room. We are on the 14th floor.


So my sister, the health nut, has gotten me eating chia seeds. It's all she ever talks about. I hear all the time what chia seeds can go in and how great they are. So I brought some chia seeds, flax seeds, and agave back from the states. Most mornings I eat oatmeal for breakfast. A few months ago I would do 1/2 oats, 1 cup milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, and a little bit of syrup (as in pancake syrup). 

Now I do this:


I still use 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup milk (need the calcium), flax seeds, chia seeds, agave, and a touch of cinnamon. It's actually pretty good! And I feel all good about myself eating seeds from who knows where. 

do you eat chia seeds? what do you put them in?

love

laura


No comments:

Post a Comment