Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Everything

I feel like I have so much to catch up on......

So......I might just have to do bullets or we'll both be here forever.

1. I ran this morning. For the first time, in.a.while. ugh I hate when I take long breaks. Despite all my excuses for why I haven't been running, i'm SO glad I did today!!! I didn't wear my watch because sometimes it's just better not to know. I had a slow run and felt so good!

2. Our building is having some type of water issue. There's a big hole right outside our building. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to fix it, but hurry up will you! We've had 3 days (not in a row thank goodness!) without water. And I was not prepared or forewarned on any of them. Score.

This is what our water looked like after it came back on.


3. A few weeks back I decided to make my own hamburger buns. Now, truth be told, when I first heard that you could make them yourself my first thought was "why?" We can buy them here so to me....that's a win for every one. But the place where I buy them relocated and isn't that convenient anymore, so I gave it a whirl.


The recipe was really easy, but they were a little bit too bready for me. I might've done something wrong, because they fell apart when we ate them.

4. We got carpet this past weekend!!! We actually bought a large piece of carpet that was cut to look like a large rug. It's in our living room and we love it!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how much carpet is in the states, but I thought we got a great deal. And with peanut rolling all over the place, I feel better knowing she won't be face planting onto the wood floor anymore. Here is Paige enjoying the new carpet. 


5. Paige has started solids-that's a whole other post. But I started making her baby food this week, and it was SUPER easy!! You can buy jarred baby food here, but it's so beyond expensive. I made pureed apples. SO easy.


6 apples gave me about 3 ice cube trays.


6. Paige turned 6 months yesterday!!! How crazy is that?!?!!? We don't go to the doctor till next week so I'll do her post then so I can have her stats correct :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

have you ever made baby food? what's your fave site or book for recipes?

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment