Monday, June 2, 2014

Staying in St. Louis

My parents live in South Illinois, about 45 minutes from St. Louis. Daniel and I had a few extra points at Marriott, so we decided to leave the little pipsqueak with my parents and have a few nights away.


We stayed downtown and just did fun stuff. It was supposed to rain the whole time, but we ended up having great weather. We spent the first afternoon just walking around.


I of course missed our little pumpkin, but it's great to get away sometimes too.

We went to dinner that night and then went to the movies-one of my many love languages. We saw the new Spider Man movie. It was really good, but I might've had to close my eyes a few times-just a little too much action for me.


We found a GREAT restaurant right around the corner from our hotel. It's call Roosters and it was amazing. i'm seriously drooling right now just thinking about it. One thing you should know about me, is that I am a lover of all things Smores. (sidenote DQ has a Smores blizzard out right now and it's so yummy). Roosters has a Smores crepe which I paired with mint coffee. We actually went two mornings in a row.If you live near St. Louis-go to Roosters!


Later, we hung out at the pool, then went to the Cardinals game. I did love the location of our hotel-it was perfect walking distance! We walked around the Arch before the game.


It was just a quick 2 nights away, but it was so much fun to spend time with my love and have real conversations and be able to eat without having to cut up someones meat first. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment