Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bread bowls

Last night for dinner I attempted to make bread bowls for the first time. I've been wanting to make them for a while now, but I can quickly get annoyed with anything that needs to 'rise' during the baking process. I like to just throw my ingredients together and call it a day.

But, making the bread bowls was actually way easier than I thought it was going to be. I got the recipe from here.


Look how puffed up and pretty they are!


I grew impatient and took them out before they actually browned. They were still cooked all the way through, but I wish I had let them go a bit longer to get a little crunch on the outside. I cooked them for about 25 minutes or so. But the soup was ready and I was hungry, so what can ya do...

I made white chicken chili. I added a can of lentils because I accidentally opened them I'm always looking for ways to add good protein to our diet. I really liked the lentils in the soup, it added just a little something extra.


This morning I ran a few errands and bought chair cushions for our dining room chairs. You can actually see the red cushion at the very bottom of the soup picture. The cushions that came with the apartment were falling apart and needed to be replaced.

I also went to H&M (yes we have one here) to exchange a cardigan I bought that come to find out had holes on the pocket, and to Uniqlo. Does anyone know what Uniqlo is??? I just discovered it last week. I bought a purple turtleneck for $6!!!

We think we'll be travelling next week, I'll keep you posted!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment