Saturday, February 11, 2012

Veggie Nite

I've recently been inspired by all of the yummy-looking veggie recipes I've seen on Pinterest. I was SO inspired that I decided tonight's dinner would be called "veggie nite" and our dinner would consist of several veggie recipes.

My menu plan was:

Zucchini Boats from here
Roasted Cauliflower from here (I made this about 2 weeks ago)
Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Asparagus



I was going to make these baked tomatoes too, but was already running out of room in the oven, so maybe tomorrow nite.

We technically only have one rack in our oven, but this other grill rack thing fits too, so you do what you can. It was difficult to get this meal together because everything baked at temperatures ranging from 350-450, and I had to choose one.


Also, there wasn't room for the asparagus, so I had to rotate stuff around a bit.

Anyways......look how pretty!


The zucchini boats were really good! I didn't have mozzarella cheese, I used powdered parmesan cheese instead (again, you make do with what you have, ha). The tomatoes were really where all the taste was at. Next time I will quarter the tomatoes and cook it all a bit longer.

The cauliflower, I had made before, and was delish.

The asparagus was just lovely. I just roast it with olive oil and a little garlic salt.

However.....the sweet potato fries, left A LOT to be desired! At first they were under seasoned, so I put more seasoning on, but in the end they just weren't that good. Maybe it's because as Daniel said "they're sweet potatoes." So I will not be trying these again.

And not only did we have fresh veggies, but we had fresh fruit to go with it as well! Pineapple, oranges, and strawberries, yummmity yum!


I am loving this fruit/veggie season right now!! Living here, you are slightly limited on buying fruits and veggies. You can only buy some things (mangos, pineapple, strawberries, cherries, asparagus, etc...) when they're in season. And I'm so happy that some of my favorites are all available right now!

have a good weekend!

love

laura

AND a huge good luck to my sister Sarah who is running in her first marathon relay! I'll post more on that later after I steal some pics from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment