Friday, October 19, 2012

24 Week Recap


I just finished week 24, which is CRAZY!! How is this pregnancy flying by so fast??? Daniel left yesterday for a week in the mountains, so we snapped this picture before he left. So it's just me and the baby! I generally always lose weight when Daniel travels, because I don't cook as much. I have a feeling it might be different this time!
I'm still feeling really good overall and loving pregnancy. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant, and then walk by a mirror, and I'm like WHOA! I also think I might've started waddling. I was walking down our hallway a few times today and caught myself thinking "oh am I waddling??" And then I try to make myself walk like a normal person and not a duck, ha, as if I have any control over it!

How Far Along: 24 weeks!

Size of Baby: Cantaloupe-12 inches long and almost 1 1/2 lbs. By the way, I read my uterus is the size of a soccer ball now...which kind of freaks me out to think about having a soccer ball in my tummy, but after looking at pics of myself, it's hard to deny, ha!

Weight Gain: 12 lbs

Gender: Girl

Movement: All the time! Every morning at 7:30, it's like clockwork, then throughout the day too. I've also felt her in the middle of the night when I'm rolling over too.

Sleep: It's okay. I feel like I'm sleeping, but waking up more tired than usual. I actually had to lay down 3 days in a row cos I was tired. Maybe what I didn't feel the first trimester is catching up?

Maternity Clothes: Yep! All pants, and most shirts, except around the house I'll still wear my old T-shirts...my belly just shows a little bit :)

Symptoms: Heartburn for the first time in my life! So far, just a few times, but I was not a fan of it. And feeling more tired. And I'm still going the bathroom about every 5 minutes.

Aversions: Hamburgers still.

Cravings: Chocolate. Sweets, fried foods.

What I miss: Daniel right now, but not too much else

Best Moment this week: Last Saturday, I was sitting on the couch feeling baby move. Then all of a sudden I thought I saw my belly move. It was the first time I could see and feel her move from the outside. Later that afternoon Daniel felt her move for the first time. It was amazing, and I'm so glad he felt her move! I love feeling her move and watching my belly move too, love.it.

What I'm looking forward to: Next Thursday we go for the 4D ultrasound (and to confirm she really is a girl, ha!), and I have my glucose test. I'm obviously looking forward to the ultrasound part. I cannot wait to see her little face!!!!!!

This past Sunday I was dressed up a little so we took a few pics outside. This ones my favorite.


We're 99% sure on her first name, but still deciding on her middle name. We call her by her first name all the time. If we can make up our mind soon, I'll post her name!

love

laura

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You made it to the 24th week of pregnancy! You look very healthy and happy in those pictures. You still have a few more weeks to wait. What I would advise you to do at this stage is to drink plenty of water and eat food with high fiber. Also, do not forget to exercise because it will help your body deal with the discomfort.

    ReplyDelete