Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Girls Nite In

Daniel is travelling this week with a few friends, one of them being my friend's husband. With the boys gone, my friend planned a little Girls Nite In at her house last night for a few of us.

We had fudge brownies, rolos (from AMERICA!), popcorn, and hot drinks (it's been a lot cooler here lately).

My friend asked us to bring some old magazines to use for a craft project she had planned for us. I wish I had taken more pictures, because my friend had set up a cute craft station and also a mani/pedi station with lotions, towels, places to soak our feet etc....It was so cute!

Our craft last night was to cut things out of the magazine-words, pictures, etc...to make a collage of "Where are We now?" So the 5 of us cut thru magazines to make our collage of where we are now-our general feeling of where we are in life, how we feel about things going on, etc....then we shared it.

This was mine:


Yes, it is already hanging on my fridge. I had my nephews artwork hanging there, so it just made sense to add mine :)

The main theme for mine was Celebrate the Season. No matter where Father has me in life, or what part of the roller coaster (up or down), I feel like I am on-I want to celebrate whatever season He has me in. Easier said than done sometimes.

The cupcake, polka dots, and Valentine stand for our little girl, who is due around V day-and how much I want her to wear cupcakes and polka dots for life, ha! Then there's the pic of the sandwich because you better believe I will be having a huge lunch meat sandwich after our little one arrives. 

I just wanted to share this, I thought it was a great idea and craft to have at your next girls nite, or just to use as an icebreaker to get to know people better.

has anyone done this before?

love
laura


No comments:

Post a Comment