Thursday, October 11, 2012

Best Recipe EVER and other news

I have a friend who has a recipe blog that I steal borrow several recipes from. She has a recipe for Easy French Bread that I've been wanting to try for a while. But any bread recipe that includes waiting time for something to rise, I tend to shy away from. I generally prefer to go straight from start to finish when I'm baking, so I don't usually go for recipes that include waiting time.

(dough rising the second time)

However.....

Another friend of mine just had a baby and I was planning on bringing them lasagna for dinner. I thought this would be a great time to try to my friends recipe. Because who doesn't love homemade bread I always say??

(do you see the perfection???)

I have to say, this is the EASIEST bread recipe I have ever made!  I would like to say it's foolproof.

You can find the recipe here. I made 4 loaves, and I think next time I'll do 5. I still had to squish my bread into my pan because the dough was too long. And 5 is always better than 4 :)


I did put the egg wash on 3 of the loaves, and I think I preferred it that way. The bread smelled SOOO good while it was rising and baking, I can't even tell you. We've already eaten one loaf, and it was perfect! Seriously, please try this recipe!

In other news.......I ordered a Boppy from a local website here. Because it was so cheap, I had my doubts on if it would be real or if I was would end up just receiving the Boppy cover, but look what came!!!


It's a CUPCAKE Boppy, oh my goodness, how cute is it?!?!?!?!?!?

And it's double sided!!!

(you can't really see it, but there are little hearts on this side)

I'm SO excited that it worked out, and to add to our little cupcake collection!!

Also.....I went out yesterday to run some errands and saw this......


The leaves were changing! I have never seen this before in our city. We have 'seasons,' but we don't ever get below freezing, so things don't really die. They just stay the same color all year round. 


It's like seeing a rainbow for the very time, just slightly less dramatic.

Tomorrow is week 23 recap!

love

laura


No comments:

Post a Comment