Sunday, February 3, 2013

39 Week Recap


Well....she's still in there. Which I know is normal, since I technically still have a week to go. But it's very safe to say, we.are.ready.

Daniel and I both really like the movie Groundhog Day, and thought it would be fun if Paige made her appearance today, but I'm pretty sure it's not happening. I've had some Braxton Hicks almost every day, mostly at night. But they're not painful at all. I haven't really been feeling anything else that makes me thinks she's coming soon. But I also am predicting that when it's time, everything will happen all at once. My grandma, mom, and sister all had fast labors, so I'm really hoping that we can keep that streak going. 

The doctor didn't check me this week. I asked because hello that's who I am, but he said he could tell I was way too calm for anything to be happening, so he'll check me again on Tuesday. I would LOVE for Paige to come by Monday, because then we would have time to get her 8 week vaccinations before returning home in April. 

I'm pretty much just getting bigger and Daniel and I are having some more dates, because we both know those are harder to come by once Paige gets here. 

Here's the recap!

How Far Along: 39 weeks

Size of Baby: Watermelon-19-22 inches long, 6-9 lbs

Weight Gain: 33 lbs

Gender: Girl-Paige Olivia

Movement: Yep-her movements are definitely more controlled and getting stronger. She moves a lot when I go to bed.

Sleep: Not happening. I'm tired all day, but it's been taking me a few hours to fall asleep. And I've been waking up a lot in the night and then not being able to fall back asleep. So I'm pretty tired.

Maternity Clothes: Almost everything, except some lounge clothes.

Symptoms: Back pain, not sleeping, some braxton hicks,

Aversions: Coke, sadly enough. I keep trying it but it's been tasting really weird.

Cravings: Chocolate, candy,

What I miss: Sleeping

Best moment of the Week: Oddly enough, my mom and I took a long walk this week when we had warm weather, and it felt really good to be out and moving. Also, at our infant care class we watched a baby who was just born get their first bath. It really hit me that we will be doing that very soon! It slightly annoyed me that the lady's due date was after mine and already had her baby. I'm trying to patiently wait my turn :)

What I'm Looking Forward to: Having Paige!! And if that doesn't happen this week, I guess finding out on Tuesday at the dr's if anything is going on at all. My guess is that Paige will come next Thursday-just a guess, but I'm hoping I don't have a 40 week recap :)


Happy Groundhog Day!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment