Tuesday, March 4, 2014

THE Party


I've been preparing for Paige's first birthday party since before she was even born. I early on declared Paige a lover of cupcakes and polka dots! Having a baby girl born after Valentine's day is perfect! Last year I stocked up on lots of great stuff and was able to do the same this year.


I love how everything turned out! You just can't have too much pink right?


We had cupcakes, candy, chocolate covered marshmallows, veggie tray, and punch!


I found this idea on Pinterest to serve the marshmallows, and i love it! I just filled glasses with valentine's m&m's then placed the spokes inside. Turned out very cute!


I had so much fun being in america and being able to buy all the party supplies I needed. It almost made me want to throw regular parties just because of how much easier it is here.


Paige's party hat! Which she wore longer than I thought she would!


Her special cupcake!! It was just chocolate cupcake mix and homemade buttercream vanilla icing. My parents came down for the party, and my mom frosted the cupcakes. 


Here are a  few other decorations!
I originally printed out her monthly pictures to display to show her growth, but at the last minute I decided to make it more of a game for the adults. I put the pictures in random order and had the adults try and guess the month of the picture. I tried it out on Daniel and our moms first, and no one was even close, ha! The winner of the game (by far) was Daniel's Aunt-she got 9 of them right. It was a lot of fun!


Paige was a little unsure of what to do with all the people and attention. Sidenote, i've had her first birthday outfit picked out since before she was born. My mom bought this outfit when we found out we were having a girl, and I instantly loved it!


But she was very excited to greet her guests.


I was so excited/grateful that my friend Jen drove up from Dallas with her little girl to help us celebrate. It meant so much to me to have her at Paige's first birthday!


I love this girl and am so thankful for her!!


First up on the party agenda, was to give Paigers her first taste of chocolate! We sang to her and I helped her blow out the candle. Then she just stared at the cupcake for a while. We had 15-20 people standing around taking pictures, so I think all the attention kept her from just diving right in.


Overall she didn't eat too much, I think there was just too much commotion. I gave her a taste of icing and she was not a fan. Maybe it was just too sweet?


Oh well, there's always next time!


After cupcakes, we opened presents. It's funny to see the big difference between Christmas when Paige really didn't have a clue, to now where she was semi-interested. 


What birthday isn't complete without a giant cupcake??


Her favorite thing of course was the Puffs she got, mainly because she can recognize them anywhere.


After presents, we all went outside and played for a while. It was a beautiful day!!! 


Grandma and Grandpa have had this little tractor for a while, but it was the first time we got it out to play.


We tried getting some family pics, but the sun just wasn't working with us. oh well!


I may just need to work on the editing. But I think we all look good together :)


We were so thankful to have friends and family all come together for Paige's birthday party. Being in the states for her first birthday was so special!


After the party we all went to dinner at Slim Chicken's. It is one of our fave places!


Happy Birthday Little Cupcake!


love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment