Friday, September 17, 2010

awkward!!

ok, i HAVE to share with ya'll what i consider to be a very funny story from last night! I am still laughing about it...

disclaimer: i am not from Oklahoma, but i am currently living here. So it's never unusual to hear words or phrases that i am unfamiliar with......

Last night Daniel and I went to a couples dinner group of our church that meets every week. I was chatting with one lady who i had just met. I asked her about her children and the convo went a little something like this...

She was telling me the names and ages of her children, then she said they had a Garden Chip.

i'm sorry a what?!!?

Me: you have a Garden Chip?

Her: Yes, she lives with us but we didn't adopt her, a Garden Chip

Me: I'm sorry, i'm not familiar with that term. What is it exactly?

Her: A Garden Chip...umm...you know, the parents sign over their rights

(her to another lady...yes, let's please include more people in on this awkward convo)

Her: how would you describe a Garden Chip?

Other Girl replies the same way

me: huh, wow I've just never heard about this Garden Chip before.

(this goes on for a few minutes, because i am bound and determined to learn this new term of "Garden Chip" and get to the bottom of what it means)

Her: Yeah, i don't really know how else to explain a Garden Chip...

me: (the light has finally gone on)  OHHHHH!!!! you're saying GUARDIANSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her: yes, a Garden Chip.

I thought i was going to die from embarassment, but it was SO funny (to me at least!) how i couldn't understand what she was saying and never even came close to connecting the dots to a guardianship.

I LOVE moments like these...slightly embarassing, 100% awkward, and beyond funny.

hope everyone enjoys that little treat for the day!!

wish me luck on the long run tomorrow!

love

laura

2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh out loud...I'm still laughing! Love it! ;) When we spent time working in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina...stuff like this happened to me a lot! I embarrassed myself often. Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete