Monday, April 9, 2012

That is what I call ironic

So....I don't have a single picture of our Easter. But rest assured that I wore the exact same thing I wore last year and Daniel wore a new blue plaid shirt that looked quite wonderful on him.

I was talking to a friend last night (you know who you are) and we were both lamenting how we had "mysteriously" gained 2 pounds each in the last few weeks. I was specifically annoyed because these past 2 weeks I have intentionally exercised more and continued my healthy eating habits...yet right when I started to increase my physical activity, I gained weight. (sidenote I've been the exact same weight for the last 9+ months, so any deviation is weird)

Yes, 2 pounds is not the end the world, I know this. But I'm allowed to feel like it is :) ha! And just because i don't live in America doesn't mean I can't experience first world problems :)

Anyways...I've been going to spin twice a week, and doing the Shred or walking a few miles on other days. And let me tell you I had the opportunity for Starbucks this past week and I turned it down!!! Someone give me a gold medal for showing ultimate self control.

So...the 2 pounds. I decided this weekend that enough is enough and I decided I must start running regularly again. It's been a few  months weeks since I've run with any real consistency. The best time for me to run right now is in the morning before class. Which means I would have to get up early. Earlier than I would like. But I told myself I had to get myself back into shape and exhibit a little self discipline.

So this morning, my alarm went off and I started to get ready for my run. I figured I would weigh myself to see the most recent weight gain. And lo and behold if I wasn't exactly back to my old weight. That is what I call ironic.

After celebrating how healthy and in shape my body was I contemplated not running at all, because clearly there was no need right?! Daniel even told me to go back to bed. But persevered I did, and ran about 3 miles. It wasn't fast by any means, but I loved it. I loved running on the empty quiet streets and knowing that before I'd even had my first cup of coffee, my work out for the day was done.

go me.

In other news, I'm continuing to watch my way thru the Star Wars movie. We've started watching a new one on Saturday nights...yes, we do know how to party, thank you. We just finished the Jedi one, so now I think we start going back in time to start watching the new ones. Makes sense right?

All that to say....I'm going to start running again.

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment