Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week in review

I wish I had pictures...but I don't.

I also realized that Daniel and I haven't taken a picture together in well over a month. We need to fix that.

If ya'll noticed, and I'm sure you did, because what is better than stalking my blog to keep track of my running stats, am I right?? I've actually been running for 2 weeks now. Just call me consistent.
I ran last week twice, and tomorrow will make twice for this week. I know, I'm not setting any huge records here, but I don't want to overdo it on the whole self-discipline thing. Some things are just better eased into :)

The high light of our week was receiving some good language encouragement. I feel like when learning language there are always good days and bad. Some days you feel like you're totally making process and are way excited that you understood more than just 'hello,' but there are other days that you can't speak a sentence to save your life.
Anyways...the high point of the week. Daniel and I both had a friend (who actually speaks the language) give us some tips and pointers and also give us an idea on where we are in the whole fluency thing. We were both pleasantly surprised to hear that we're actually catching on and making good improvements. It's one thing to tell yourself that you're right on track but it's a whole other world to have someone else tell you, and actually have the authority to say it! Daniel is killing it. For reals. He is amazing at speaking, understanding, reading, and writing. I'm pretty proud of all he has learned and how well he has learned the language. It's pretty amazing!

In other news...we're currently out of decaf coffee. I know, the horror. For a few years now, I've never made just straight coffee. I make half regular/half decaf. But I also drink a lot, so I guess it evens out in the end! I started doing half and half about 4 years ago after I took a really long caffeine break.

We ate hot dogs tonight. I know my sister is gagging this very moment, but seriously a good hot dog is rare these days, and we were pretty thankful.

My language teacher gave me half of her birthday cake today. It was a small cake, but still. No one should have too much chocolate cake with peaches, kiwi, and other unidentifiable fruit on top. Everything in moderation, I say.

Daniel and I have a breakfast date on Saturday morning. Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day, and I LOVE eating it out! love love! So i'm pretty excited about our date! I may not have any pictures with my husband, but I can guarantee I'll have a picture of my Saturday breakfast.

Strawberries are starting to come into season here, which is also blogworthy.

That's it for now, have a good Friday! (or thursday depending on your time zone)

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment