Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm in the Future

Most of our new years eve day was pretty laid back. I spent a little time in the kitchen baking, but other than that I was pretty lazy. I'm feeling better, but have a gross cough that is making my throat hurt.

But I wouldn't let a measly cough keep me from celebrating with friends, so we headed over to a friends house last night for games and snacks. I hadn't left the house in 3 days so it was nice to be around other people and have an excuse to eat.  I made molasses cookies for the first time and was very pleased with them.

This is the only picture I took.


Daniel got this hat for Christmas from my parents and he has yet to take it off. If you ask me, I think he looks simply adorable in it.

I officially start my winter break tutoring tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. Remember the intensive summer class we did? I'm continuing the same method with my tutor and I have high hopes. I really want to look back in 6 months and see an improvement in my language. Learning language is kind of like trying to lose weight. There are some days you feel improvement, other days you feel like a failure, and then there's the hope that you'll look back and see how everything paid off, ha!

This week is also birthday week! I'm turning the big 3-0, Sarah is turning 32, and it's also the blogs 2 year birthday. It's a big week.

Also, random. I was talking with Sarah on the phone this morning at about 9 am our time, which is 7pm their time.  And I was like oh my gosh!!!! We are in different years right now!!! How crazy is that?!?!? I was sitting here in 2012 and she was still living in 2011. It felt really cool to be in the future, ha!


Happy New Year!!

love

laura


No comments:

Post a Comment