Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Some rambles

We've had a pretty busy week. And yes, I realize it's only Wednesday. Today and tomorrow are my catch up days, then life will get a little crazy for about 3 weeks, or maybe 5 months!

A few weeks ago we had a birthday party for a friend of mine. I made my famous (ha, not really) cookie cake. I was pretty excited about how the purple icing turned out. 


Monday- I got up early to run, but it was raining. I have a no running in the rain while pregnant rule. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just laid there. I had class, studied, then we had dinner and hung out with some friends that were in town. We had so much fun, but it was a late.night. 

Tuesday- I woke up and made muffins. I've been holding onto this muffin mix for a while now, waiting for a good moment to use it. Baking mixes are rare treats, so I tend to hoard them until I know I'm getting more. And with mom coming soon, I figured it was safe to finally make them, ha! 

We were having friends over for our monthly UME meeting. So Tuesday morning was spent making cookies, going to the market, washing and preparing fruits and vegetables, making travel plans, calling the airline about a booking problem, and calling the dr. Tuesday afternoon was class, then we had a a quick dinner, and our friends came over. 
So I called the dr on Tuesday to see if I could come in this Friday to find out the gender. I had a whole list of arguments prepared in case he told me no. Before, he told me to wait until at least 20 weeks, but have you met me? I'm a planner.
Anyways, I'll be finishing my 19 weeks tomorrow, and he told me no problem. So as long as little Baby M cooperates, we'll know on FRIDAY if it's pink or blue. I'm kind of beside myself. And we're having a little gender reveal party that night! So if you're in town, drop by :)

I'm a little worried that we're having the party and for some reason won't be able to find out the gender. But I'm seriously praying that our little one isn't shy and we'll know without a doubt if we're having a little girl or boy!

Random, but Saturday night Daniel and I played Scrabble. We used to play it all the time during our first year of marriage. See anything wrong with this picture?


My first several hands I had all vowels, or 6 vowels with 1 consonant. Somehow I managed to be in the lead (by a lot of points) until the last round. I still claim that I won.

Also, my mom is coming to visit. She'll be here in less than 2 weeks. This will be her first time to EA! I am SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!

I had a little moment earlier this week. I was walking back from the local vegetable market, and it really hit me, that this is my life. I mean to say, it's normal for me to walk to the market, buy my fruits and veggies, walk home, and wash and prepare them. Sometimes I'm in the middle of doing something 'normal' for where I live, and then realize how different our lives are here. Like how we have to put our toilet paper in the trash can. That might sound strange, but it's our normal. 

I know this post is just a ramble, but it's what has been going on!

I'll post my 19 week recap on Friday, then Saturday I'll share the gender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment