Saturday, January 19, 2013

37 Week Recap


I just finished 37 weeks, less than 3 weeks to go! We went to the dr and had an ultrasound this week. The fluid has continued to increase on Paige's kidneys, but we're still hoping for it to go away after she is born. I've been sick this past week...mostly sinuses and cough. I've coughed so much I think i've bruised my ribs or pulled something-I have a really bad pain on my left backside near by ribs. I can't even lay on that side, it is seriously one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. I'm really hoping my cough will go away and then my muscles can heal quickly before I have to push out little Paige.

I go back to the dr on Tuesday and he'll check me to see if anything is going on. Honestly, I won't be surprised either way... I haven't had any contractions and she is still pretty high.

I bought my nursing cover, diaper bag, diapers, and breast pump this week. And oh my gosh, if I wasn't convinced already to do cloth diapers, I am now. I cannot believe how expensive they are!!!! Our plan is to start using cloth diapers when we get back to East Asia or when she is close to 3 months old. I don't want to use cloth until she's a little older, just so I'm not doing laundry every 5 minutes. 

How Far Along: 37 weeks

Size of Baby: Watermelon-19-20 inches long, 6.5 lbs

Weight Gain: 31 lbs

Gender: Girl-Paige Olivia

Movement: She has been such a mover at night lately! I love feeling her move!

Sleep: It hasn't been great-not because of Paige, but between the coughing and back rib pain, it's been pretty miserable.

Maternity Clothes: yes!

Symptoms: Some back pain and just general discomfort

Aversions: Nothing

Cravings: Ice cream, chocolate

What i miss: Moving around

Best Moment of the week: Seeing Paige on the ultrasound-it was the first time we got to see her little fingers!

What i'm looking forward to: My sister is flying up tomorrow and I get to see my niece, Adelyn, for the first time! I can't wait to give her kisses and hold her! And, I'm not expecting to go into labor, but it would be wonderful if I could while Sarah was here!



We go to an all day childbirth class tomorrow. We're planning on doing the Bradley method, so I'm interested to see how the class goes!

I'm sure I'll be posting pics of my niece soon!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment