Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas & Travel

Let's back up a bit.....

Daniel and I traveled to Dallas a few weeks ago. My parents moved from Texas to Illinois right after we moved to Asia, and my aunt actually bought their house, which is where we stayed. It was fun to stay in my parents old house...even though it's changed some, I love the familiar!


Me with Aunt Patty!

My aunt and husband took us to an amazing restaurant called Boo Ray's. OMG, the best fries I have ever had in my entire life. Seriously, if you live in the fort worth area, it is delish!!!!!!!!

I also got to spend a few hours with one of my best friends, Jen. We were both bridesmaids in each other's weddings. Her little girl was born in early November. And yes, Jen is one of those annoying people that looks like they've never had a child. 


One thing I love about Jen is that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, we instantly pick right back up and can easily talk for several hours and be just getting started! I loved getting to see her and her little one!


After we returned from Texas, we headed to Kansas. I didn't take a single picture, but it snowed overnight while we were there, and it was beautiful!

For Christmas Eve, we went to Daniel's grandparents house and celebrated with the whole fam.


Christmas morning was spent at Daniel's parents (where we've been staying.) Daniel's 2 brothers, their wives, and kids came over to eat brunch and open presents. 


Santa was really good to me this year :) I got several movies I asked for and gift cards. I usually like to get clothes, but who are we kidding, it's going to be a while before I go clothes shopping.

It snowed a little on Christmas, so we spent a lot of the day next to this.


Here I am with my little candy cane self.


Last Christmas just the 2 of us!



Happy New Year!!!!! I can't wait for 2013!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment