Saturday, July 23, 2011

Foodie

This post is all about food. It's a wonder i haven't lost any more weight lately, ha!

On Friday, Daniel and I went to a local tea house for lunch. We drank a lot of sweet tea. But not what you're thinking of....


It tastes like a creamy milky (hot) black tea. Some places make it a lot better than others, but this tea house knew what they were doing. I put back several cups of it.

For lunch, we had this......


It's like a meat pie.... the inside is beef and onions and a lot of oil. Yum!

Then, as i mentioned in my last post, I bought a $5 can of Hormel chili to make chili dogs on Friday night. I scraped every bit of chili out of the can that i possibly could, ha! And the chili dogs??? Amazing!


We had leftovers for lunch today....they were SO good! I might want to splurge on these a little too often!

Tonight chicken curry was on the menu. I had made it once in the states, and liked the flavor but it was really watery. I found a new recipe here, and OMG please try it! I haven't found a new recipe in a long time that i've liked this much. Seriously delish.


Okay, it doesn't look as good as it tastes, look past that, ha!

I did make a few changes to the recipe. I used 3 chicken breasts, so i just eyed and increased all the spices. And i don't have yogurt (but i'm sure greek yogurt would be great in this), so i used homemade sour cream, about 1 1/2 cups, and couldn't tell the difference. I also used about 1 1/2-2 cups of Coconut Milk. I'm sure you could use less but i wanted a lot of sauce to pour over the rice. I also did not add the lemon juice (after reading other reviews), but i think it would have been fine with it. I also added 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and a good bit of salt. The good thing with the recipe is that it's easy to play with and add less/more of what you want. It also was VERY easy to make.Try it. You'll love it!


And yes, that is fresh mango on my plate. Nom Nom Nom!!!

love
laura

1 comment:

  1. It looks so delicious, Even i showed this blog to my mum and she promised me that she will prepare this chili and spicy dish for me from this chili recipe. And i love to have it.

    ReplyDelete