Thursday, July 21, 2011

Language lesson

Daniel and i were starting our language lesson today with our tutor. We were learning basic 'grooming' words like hairbrush, toothpaste, razor, soap, etc....

Each lesson, if we have any of the objects we are learning that day, we get them out and set them on the table to help us identify each object with the new word.

Today, when we got to 'hairbrush,' the tutor said "this is for a dog right?" Ummm no. That is my hairbrush and i use it on my head. He (being a boy) was unfamiliar with brushes instead of combs and thought we only used hairbrushes on dogs. Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny.

Also, when i was in a taxi yesterday, my drive asked if was Russian. This was after he heard me talking on the phone (in english.). Nope....not quite.

Anyways....it's thursday night here and we're relaxing and have LOTR on. I've seen them all the way thru, but most of the time it's ever on i'm also doing something (like blogging ha!) so i'm always confused!! i ask tons of questions and still never really understand the story line. I do like all of the movies though, i just always get to the end and never really understand what just happened. anyone else???

We're having chili dogs tomorrow and then i'm going to try a chicken curry this weekend too. So far we don't have a lot of plans for the weekend. I might do some grocery shopping and work on language. And probably laundry. I'm NOT planning on cleaning the floors :)

love

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment