Sunday, December 11, 2011

Baking Palooza!

Yesterday, I spent most of my day in the kitchen. It was a really cold day, so it gave me a great excuse to have the oven on!

Ya'll know of my new love and obsession with pumpkin. Daniel bought a huge one at the market this week, and I cooked it down to puree it. I got 10 cups out of it. That would cost me $40 at the import store!!! And it only cost about $2 and some of my time.


After I puree it, I put it into 1 cup baggies to put in the freezer. This is what I had left after making pumpkin bread.


Ya'll should have seen my kitchen! It was such a disaster, there was pumpkin everywhere!!!

I had leftover cream cheese icing from Daniel's birthday party, so I thought it would be great to use on the bread. Ummmm yes, a wonderful idea if I say so myself :)




I knew we were having mexican for dinner, but we were about out of tortilla chips. So I figured hey, i can make those too!

First, I made my own tortillas.


I know what you're thinking.....move over Martha Stewart, am i right?


Then I cut up the tortillas and baked them into chips.


We had chicken taquitos, mexican rice, tortilla chips and queso! It was special because we had queso-real velveeta cheese and rotel! I think we both ate until we were sick. You really indulge when you are around things like queso and homemade chips.

After a day of baking, we snuggled up and watched Home Alone. I love a good Christmas movie!

I should probably go run now, ha!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment