Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Daniel!



Tuesday was Daniel's birthday. We celebrated on Monday nite with a Birthday Bash-we had 12 adults and 12 kids under the age of 6! We were so excited that our friends could come over and help us celebrate.....it was a great night of fun and fellowship. Also, a few stayed after and we played Beyond Balderdash. How I make it through this game without peeing my pants is truly a medical mystery. Our friends are really funny, so it makes it that much more hilarious. Have ya'll played????

I made my first cookie cake, and it actually turned out pretty well. It was easier to make than I thought and it went much quicker too!


I also made Pumpkin Spice cupcakes from here with cream cheese icing. These were so good and stayed moist for a few days. I did use oil instead of butter and after reading the reviews, just threw everything together, and it turned out fine. I had a lot of leftover icing, so I'll probably make another half batch of these soon.


I had a little bit of icing left from the cake, which is why there are the random 2 cupcakes.


Tuesday morning I made Daniel breakfast...sausage, eggs, and toast (ummm yeah we made our own sausage...that's a whole other post though!)


If you can't guess, I bought Daniel a toolbox.


For Daniel's birthday dinner, he wanted to go to a local restaurant that he is obsessed with. I like it but don't love it so we don't go that often. And it's on the more expensive scale of local restaurants, as in our total bill cost us $6.


Then we hit up Starbucks....have I mentioned my obsession with the Toffee Nut Latte? I need a support group, or an unlimited gift card......ha!

Lots more has been going on, I'll try to post again soon.

Sidenote: This year I was really struck with just how thankful I am to be able to celebrate with Daniel on his birthday. I know there are so many people out there that don't have the luxury of having their husband around as much as I do and it seems lately we've heard of so many people struggling with serious illnesses and family situations. I don't want to take our life together for granted. I am so thankful!

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment