Saturday, December 10, 2011

Like taking off a band-aid

You just have to rip it off and go for it.

This was my approach for running yesterday.

I hadn't run in 2 weeks, since the half, and honestly running is such a love/hate. I love trying to be healthy and taking care of my body, and also how great I feel after a good run. But because most of my runs have to take place in the afternoon, it feels like an inconvenience to get dressed and ready, run, then come back and shower-and have to do my hair and make up again if we have something going on that night. (I know i know all my first wold problems....)

So yesterday I took the plunge.

This is how I felt about running in the cold.


I'm wearing REI thick running pants, Nike long sleeve dri-fit, and Nike running half zip up. I tend to overdress. I am so afraid of being cold. And since I hadn't run in cold weather in about a year, I didn't know what to expect. But within the first mile I was drenched, especially with the hat. I will definitely wear less next time. And if I thought people stared at me running before, you should've seen the looks I got for running out in the cold. Ah well......

I planned on just doing 3, because if I set the bar too high I won't feel like I can do it. But my first 2 miles were about 10:45 min/mile, and I didn't want to waste the greatness that was happening, so I did 4.2. It was just the right amount.


And to be honest, I LOVED running. It felt SO good to be out and active. I don't know why I fool myself sometimes into thinking I don't enjoy it. I do. I can't get away from it.

I REALLY want to hit 500 miles for this year, but that's going to be difficult with schedules and stuff the next 3 weeks. But I'm really going to try!

We're not doing too much this weekend. Getting caught up on life, baking, cooking, studying, and trying to stay warm. :)

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment