Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spin Stuff

Sorry, it's been a while.......no good excuse really.

So I've been keeping up with my running once a week, ha....I really do wish it was more. When I lived in the States I loved being a member at 24 Hour and attending their spin classes. I loved spin! I loved that I could sweat so much, get a great workout in, and burn some good calories!

I've been looking around here at some local gym options and what they have available. I tried a spin class at a gym not too far away last Thursday nite. I couldn't understand about half of it, but I really enjoyed it! I haven't spinned in over 4 years, and I forgot how much I really do enjoy it. I'm thinking of joining and going on Monday's and thursday night, when Daniel is teaching. Have I mentioned this...Daniel teaches english twice a week to some local children.

Friday night we had fish, so I tried a zucchini tomato gratin recipe I found on Pinterest. I ended up changing it up a big because it was a pretty vague and an easy to change recipe.


I didn't have a lot of time, so I sauteed the zucchini and onions first in oil in a skillet, then layered onions, zucchini, tomatoes, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Then I just threw on some basil and other spices that seemed to make sense. I baked it for about 30 minutes and it was pretty good!

The weather here has been just lovely so Saturday we went for a walk and I found these lovelies for a steal....so I just couldn't resist!!


THEN.....my mom mailed us a package...and it was delivered today. I have to say, I have never seen so much packed into a package before! She spoiled us!!!

 I took the pic after I had put most of the stuff away :(

The candy bowl in the back is filled with Cadbury eggs (YUM!!!!), Andes crunchy something, and Hershey's Reeses eggs. oh my gosh I can't stop eating them! Then sweet Sarah, sent us that huge red tin and the bag next to it of Teavana tea of new flavors to try.
Seriously, we got a cookie mix with Peppermint frosting!, Splenda Brown sugar!!, dinner mixes, candy, clothes, Sharpies, letters, medicine, BodyGlide, soup mixes, spices, and lots of yummy teas and chocolates! I seriously just sat and looked at everything for a while in amazement. Ohhhhh packages!!!

This week is pretty busy but I'm trying to not think about it too much. We had a great weekend, so I might blog about that later on too.

We just started KungFu Panda (daniel's fave movie) and I'm going to get some tea and chocolate!

love
laura

No comments:

Post a Comment