Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reflection

This morning, in my quiet time, the study I'm using asked us to think about where we were spiritually, a year ago. Now, I would usually go get my old journal, read up, and figure out what Father was teaching me about this time a year ago.
But, all of my old journals are still in the States. So I did the next best thing.....and checked the ol blog!

About this time a year ago, I was spending the weekend in Arkansas for my friend's wedding. I remember feeling completely encouraged and filled throughout the weekend. It was a such a sweet time to reconnect with some wonderful friends that don't live close by.

As I was looking through old blog posts from this time a year ago and from two years ago, it just kept me thinking about how important it is to do a spiritual inventory every so often.

Looking back over this past year, I can clearly point out the tough times and remember what I was feeling and fighting against. I'm thankful that right now i'm looking back on the hard times over the past year, and don't feel like i'm currently in one. I mean to say, I'm loving my season right now with our Father.

Each day can bring a new challenge or setback, but it can also bring the most unexpected blessing as well. And lately I feel like I've been experiencing the blessings. does that make sense?? (Sorry, it's late and my mind has been functioning in another language for most of the day.) But what I mean to say is, this past year has had it's tough moments. I can tell you about them in detail. But, right now.....where Father has me, feels like a wonderful season of blessing.

I came across this verse a little over a month ago, and i am constantly going back to it.

It's Psalms 119:54 
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning.

I not only feel like a sojourner right now because I'm not living in the States, but also because I know that I will be spending eternity in Heaven. This life on earth is so temporary. I don't want to get caught up in the troubles of life we face while on earth. I want to remember that this house, is a place I sojourn. I know my time here is temporary.

And no matter where I might call home, I want the Father's commands and statutes to be my song! I want my home to be filled with songs that speak of Him.

What season are you in right now? Is there a verse He has given you lately?

love

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment