Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekly RUNdown

Wow, I know, 2 posts in one day if you're on my timezone. If you're in the States, this will be on two different days.

Anyways....

This week I didn't think I was going to make my goal. I ran on Monday-1.8 miles. I felt pretty good on the time. But then it poured every single day. I was thinking I'd either have to run in the rain, run in the afternoon, or just not make it this week. But failure is not an option. 

SO, last night I decided I would get up and run this morning no matter what. I was very thankful to see dry ground when I woke up this morning. I was very ambitious and excited about today's run. Despite the fact that I haven't ran more than 2 miles in several months, I reallllly wanted to try to go 3. There's this little river area near our house, but for me to get to it, my run would have to be 3 miles.

I decided I didn't care how slow I was, I wanted to do it.

(I've been alternating between eating a granola bar and GU before heading out. I'm way too hungry in the mornings to not eat something. I've had good success with GU-I think it just has the right balance of everything I need. )

I made it 3 miles!!! It was quite a jump for me, and it was a slow run, but I was so excited to do it! I felt so great the whole day just knowing that I did it.

Almost as soon as I got back home, I drew my reward for the week.

Reward for the week=a special treat from the import store!! 

I go to the import store like once every 6 months, so this treat is a big deal. I'm not sure when I'll go get it, but I'm pretty excited to pick something out. I'm not sure if it will be a snack or a drink, but I'll let you know :) We're going to Hong Kong this next weekend for some visa stuff, so I might find a treat there and just count that.

This week my plan is to run Monday and Wednesday. I'm excited to keep running!!!

love

laura


No comments:

Post a Comment