Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Rewind

WOW, i haven't done one of these posts in a long time!

Friday, we studied, ran some errands, and went to a new (to us) market to explore and see if we could find anything good. We did buy fresh asparagus, which has been very hard to find here. I was able to get 3 lbs for $3, totally worth it.
But it was also pouring down rain the entire day so when we tried to get a taxi home we waited a long time!


Friday night we went to friends house for dinner and games. I love a good game night and love that we have friends in our city that do too! We got home about 11:30 and found that our freezer was practically thawed. The fridge wasn't super cold, but the freezer was bordering on room temp. We weren't sure if we left the door open, or if it was broken. Because of the weird humidity here we keep a lot of things in the freezer-spices, cheese, bread, etc....I did not want to lose any of it. We unplugged the fridge and plugged it back in to see if that would help. We waited a little while and things seemed to be getting a little cooler.

I set my alarm for 2 am to get up and check it. If it still wasn't working i was going to put the $ items in the fridge to save what i could. Thankfully, it was all working and we haven't had a problem since. I totally took for granted coolers and bags of ice readily available in the states, ha!

So Friday made for a long night and i was EXHAUSTED on Saturday! Daniel helped me out and went to the market for me so i stayed home and cleaned and got caught up a bit on life.

Saturday Daniel and i had a date night. It was SO much fun! Daniel had given me a note earlier in the week inviting me out. It was really sweet!


Daniel took me to a huge nearby park that i had no clue existed! There were trees, water, and little trails to walk on, very unusual in our city to see. And the weather was perfect! It was cloudy, but with a slight breeze and in the 70's. Amazing.


We walked around for about 1 1/2 hour and didn't even see the whole park. My absolute favorite part was sitting on a bench, talking, and listening to the wind blow thru the bamboo trees. We live in a city of 11 million people, foliage is um shall was say rare?


I can't remember the last time i was able to sit and listen to the wind. It may be a small thing, but it's def something i've missed. You just can't put a price tag on some good nature! I see some good visits to this park again in my future!


For dinner we went to a Western restaurant and got completely spoiled with good bread! We had pesto, oil, and an olive spread. Words cannot express how delicious this was. Nor is it important how many pieces i ate.


I'm planning on running tomorrow. I have to be honest and say that i have zero motivation. Mostly because i've missed a full week and it's always hard to come back. But i'll let ya know :)

love

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment