Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Update

Do you see how close I am to the 300 mile mark on my YTD?!?!?! AGHHHH if I'd known when I ran today, I totally would've run the extra 3/10ths! I knew I was close, but didn't check before I ran.

Tomorrow, I will for sure cross that 300 mark!!!! That is 30,000 calories burned, woo hoo!!!

Also in life news, I took a realllly long hot shower this afternoon. Why? Because Monday afternoon I got home from my run, started the shower and realized there was no hot water. We have a gas water heater, and the gas in the stove worked, but no hot water.

While Daniel was figuring out who to call and who can fix it, I boiled water to take a bath, bc I was gross from running, it had already been a few days since I showered, and I needed to get ready to go meet a local friend. So.....I was impatient and barely filled up the bathtub. I tried to lay down to wet my hair, and the water wasn't high enough! So I ended up taking an ice cold shower. No fun.

So the water heater is fixed now and we're all much happier! So I took a way long shower today to make up for any hot water lost on Monday :)

Daniel and I are working on ways to streamline our life here so to speak. After last Friday, I keep trying to focus on learning language being my priority. And also reminding myself that being busy is not always a bad thing. Our lives are busy. That's not changing any time soon, so I need to remember that just because our days are full, I can still enjoy the things that are on my plate for that day.

If I feel stress starting to creep in because I feel overwhelmed with our schedules, I just tell myself that it's okay. Business is not always a bad thing.

In family news, Sarah & Mike are moving this week, and so are my parents. It's way weird. Sarah is only moving 10 minutes north, so not a huge life changer (for me). But my parents are moving to a house, state, and church I've never visited, other than quickly driving thru or making a stop at the airport.

It will be weird for a bit, but I'm pretty excited for them too. Change can be a really fun thing.

School is good. One day I feel really confident and feel like I'm somewhat learning, some days I feel like I have never heard or spoken the language before! But I think that's how most languages go, so I know I just need to press on.

Have I mentioned that it's cold here??? Barely in the 50's and 60's, but it is a COLLLDDDDD 60 degrees! We've already broken out the jackets and long sleeves. I'm telling myself it is not okay to turn on the heater yet, because I KNOW I have a long way to go before it really gets cold!

That's my update......

love

Laura

1 comment:

  1. This is a prayer I carry with me:
    The Lord is my pace-setter; I shall not rush, He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals; He provides me with images of stillness, which restore my serenity. He leads me in ways of efficiency through calmness of mind. And His guidance is peace. Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day, I will not fret, for His presence is here. His timelessness, His all-importance, will keep me in balance. He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity by anointing my mind with His oils of tranquility. My cup of joyous energy overflows. Surely harmony and peace shall be the fruit of my hours for I shall walk in the place of my Lord and dwell in his house forever.

    ReplyDelete