Thursday, September 15, 2011

P.R.

You probably won't notice anything about this picture. But something is missing.


Can you guess??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's our bathroom scale.

I realized I was in the habit of weighing myself 2-3 times a day. That's probably not healthy. I was noticing every 10th of a pound, up or down. I was weighing myself when I got up in the morning, before my run, after my run, and sometimes just randomly during the day.   Psycho!!!

So yesterday when I got back from my run, I asked Daniel to hide the scale for me. And he did a good job, I actually don't know where it is! I get it back the 24th. I thought 10 days was a good stretch to go without the scale. It's kind of driving me a little crazy, I'll think "oh today I feel a little thinner, I wonder...." But I can't weigh myself so life just goes on.

It's better this way.

In relevant news, I had my own PR today. It wasn't a chip timed race by any means, but I did 3, 11 minute miles. I know that's walking to some of ya'll, but considering I used to be a very consistent 12 minute-miler, I'll totally take it!!!

I found a local website that is similar to mapmyrun.com, but way easier and very accurate to my neighborhood. It actually had the stoplights and information about the stores on the street. I had been guessing this whole time where I thought each mile was. Come to find out, my first mile was a lot sooner than I thought. Which explains why I was killing myself trying to run a 12 minute mile....my distancing was pretty off.

Anyways, I wouldn't be able to keep up an 11 minute pace for much longer than a 5K. At the end of the run I was breathing so hard. And call me lazy, but most runs I finish and barely out of breath. Which should probably be my clue that I'm running too slow. Eh.....

I'm going to get my haircut tomorrow. I'm actually just walking into a random hair place that is near our house. I know a few words to tell them I want long layers and not too short. Here is my before picture from tonight.


If things don't turn out too tragically, I'll post an 'after' pic tomorrow.

love

Laura


2 comments:

  1. I battle the scale too. I weigh myself all the time and have thought about having it taken out of the house completely! Congrats on taking that step.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!!!! I'm going to have to have my husband hide my scale too - I keep getting on every single morning! I'm not too worried about how much I gain during pregnancy, but I love seeing how my body is changing...but as the number grows, I keep thinking about getting it off afterwards and panic a little! HAH!! :)

    As for the adoption, I'm not sure if you saw my post that Ethiopia cut their adoptions by 90% and our agency asked us not to apply. The wait could now be 5-7 years, so we're still evaluating our options. We're too young for most of the other countries. :( It's definitely not off the table, and it's something we really feel called to - it's just temporarily on hold! :)

    I've loved reading about your new adventures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete